Der Entertainer Tony Bennett ist eine amerikanische Institution. In seinem Heimatland ein Superstar ist er bei uns kaum bekannt. Rob Marshall, Regisseur von CHICAGO, setzt Bennett in dieser TV-Show ins rechte Licht. Live-Auftritte von Barbra Streisand, Juanes, Elton John, Christina Aguilera u.a.
TONY BENNETT: AN AMERICAN CLASSIC is a ground-breaking television event that takes us on a musical journey of this legendary entertainer's life. Re-creating the venues of Tony's career, from the downtown Greenwich Village club where Tony was discovered, to the Columbia recording studios of the early 60's, from rat pack Las Vegas to Carnegie Hall, Tony will be joined for each show-stopping number by the myriad of superstars that appear with him on his Duets album. In a bold re-invention of the form, each set piece was filmed as a small movie by an Academy Award-winning team, lead by director Rob Marshall (Memoirs Of A Geisha, Chicago.) Seamlessly woven throughout the program will be introductions and narrative insights. This event invites us to celebrate the life of who Frank Sinatra called "the greatest singer ever." As the special ends, Tony Bennett will take the empty stage, this time alone, and deliver his signature classic, "I Left My Heart In San Francisco."
- 1."Smile" Barbra Streisand
- 2."Sing You Sinners" John Legend
- 3."Because Of You" k.d. lang and Chris Botti
- 4."The Best Is Yet To Come" Diana Krall
- 5."The Shadow Of Your Smile" Juanes
- 6."Rags To Riches" Elton John
- 7."Just In Time" Michael Bublé
- 8."For Once In My Life" Stevie Wonder
- 9."Steppin' Out With My Baby" Christina Aguilera
- 10."I Left My Heart In San Francisco" Tony Bennett