Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus’ first “pop” project after ABBA’s split and the completion of the Chess musical in 1984 was an album by brother-and-sister duo Gemini, for which they wrote most of the songs. The members of the duo were Karin and Anders Glenmark. Previously, both had been involved in the Chess project, and Anders had also contributed to ABBA recordings (playing the guitar on ‘Money, Money, Money’) as well as Agnetha and Frida mid-Seventies solo albums. In 1996, Anders produced and wrote the songs for Frida’s Swedish-language comeback album, Djupa andetag.
The first Gemini album – simply entitled Gemini – was released in 1985, followed by a second release, Geminism, in 1987. Both albums were produced by Benny, Anders and Björn.
Now, for the first time ever, a Gemini “best of” CD is released, entitled Gemini – Det bästa med Karin och Anders Glenmark (“Gemini – The Best Of Karin And Anders Glenmark”). The CD will feature the best songs from the original albums, previously unreleased material, single B-sides, new recordings and – as a bonus – a couple of Gemini-related songs. All tracks have been remastered by Anders Glenmark and Benny Andersson. A few songs have also been partly re-recorded.
The first single, “Den som sa det var det”, is a Swedish version of “Too Much Love Is Wasted”, originally featured on the first Gemini album. The Swedish lyrics have been written by Björn Ulvaeus. There will be no commercial release of this single.
- 1. TLC
- 2. Mio min Mio
- 3. Sniffin’ Out The Snakes
- 4. When I Close My Eyes (previously unreleased recording, written by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus)
- 5. Den som sa det var det (new Swedish version of ’Too Much Love Is Wasted’)
- 6. Live On The Love
- 7. Just Like That
- 8. Copy Love (remixed version of a track featured on the Another Me, Another you 12” single, previously unavailable on CD)
- 9. Slowly
- 10. Beat The Heat
- 11. Another You, Another Me
- 12. Too Much Love Is Wasted
- 13. Falling
- 14. I Am The Universe
- 15. There’s No Way To Fool A Heart
- 16. I’m A Bitch When I See Red
- 17. Have Mercy
- 18. Kall som is (1984, performed by Karin and Anders in the Swedish heats for the Eurovision Song Contest)
- 19. Äntligen (with Benny Andersson on keyboards, originally featured on Anders Glenmark’s 1993 album Boogie i mitt huvud)
- 20. Flyga fri (the B-side of the ‘Kall som is’ single)