A broad collection of beginning contest solos drawn from the choicest repertoire for soprano, as performed by Kate Hurney. Listen to her masterful interpretations; then you take center stage!
Includes a high-quality printed vocal score annotated with performance suggestions and a compact disc with complete versions (with soloist) followed by stereo accompaniments to each piece, minus the soloist.
Performed by Kate Hurney, soprano
Accompaniment : Bruce Eberle, piano
To listen to one of these songs, just click on it:
- When Love Is Kind Traditional (Old melody)
- Man Is for the Woman Made Purcell, Henry
- Griselda: 'Per la gloria d'adorarvi' Bononcini, Antonio Maria
- Stizzoso, mio stizzoso (Unruly, Sir, unruly?) Pergolesi, Giovanni Battista
- Bind' auf dein Haar (My Mother Bids Me Bind My Hair) - canzonet Haydn, Franz Josef
- Bergère légère (Capricious shepherd-maid) Weckerlin, Jean-Baptiste
- Jeune Fillette (Maiden, remember) Weckerlin, Jean-Baptiste
- The Mikado: 'The Moon and I' Sullivan, Arthur